Beware! Hotels Mau Have Bed Bugs
Hotel bed bugs are not uncommon. In fact, hotel and motels are the perfect place for hotel bed bugs transmission. Immigrants that had lived in a country and place with bed bugs infestation are suspected to be the people who brings back bed bugs in the US through their luggages. And of course, it is in motels, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels that immigrants and international travellers stay and unpack their luggages with bed bugs hitchhikers.
Once hotel bed bugs infested a single room, these hotel bed bugs crawl on to the next room, create a new colony, and then crawl to another room, and then create another colony.
People have their wrong notion about hotel bed bugs; they thought that hotel bed bugs infest only those hotels and motels that are filthy. This is totally untrue. Hotel bed bugs do not dwell on a place because they are filthy (like cockroaches or rats) but because they are attracted to carbon monoxide (which humans exhale) and their human hosts from where hotel bed bugs withdraws blood from.
So, this means that even ritzy and posh hotels may have hotel bed bugs.
Common location of hotel bed bugs infestations
Hotel bed bugs are reddish brown, oval shaped (like appleseeds), and are very flat which allow them to hide and lay eggs in tiny crevices. A small crack or hole can harbor hotel bed bugs.
Hotel bed bugs are nocturnal insects. They feed during the night and are generally more active an hour before dawn. Some hotel bed bugs feed during daytime, especially those who haven't fed for a few months. An adult hotel bed bug may last eighteen (18) months without feeding. Their regular feeding cycle (when a host is present) is five to ten days.
If you want to check out the hotel for hotel bed bugs, go to places where a human being might stay, such as in bed, sofa, chairs, carpets, and furniture nearest to the bed. Check the crevices of these furniture including the mattress interiors and seams and bed frames.
The edge of a bed mattress and under it, are often the breeding ground of hotel bed bugs.
Telltale signs of hotel bed bugs infestation
- Heavy infestation have the offensive, sweet, musty scent.
- Edges of upholstery or mattresses have brownish dark lines. These are the excrements of hotel bed bugs.
- You feel itchy an hour after you stayed on the bed and even after you left the bed
- Hotel bed bug bites are more itchy than mosquito bites and the itch lasts for hours.
Size of hotel bed bugs infestations
If you have seen one or two crawling hotel bed bugs, this is an indication that the infestation might be heavy. Hotel bed bugs are rarely seen. But the moment you see hotel bed bugs crawling near you, it means that there are many adult hotel bed bugs and they are fighting over a single host.
How to avoid hotel bed bugs hitchhikers?
Hotel bed bugs are like hitchhikers, they will hide on your luggages and they will start breeding on your home.
To avoid hotel bed bugs hitchhikers on your luggage try these following tips:
- Buy a non-gel type insect spray. Gel type don't last and may not kill hotel bed bugs. The night before you leave your hotel room, spray on a non-gel insect killer on your luggage bag. Be sure you have removed your clothes and other things first. Don't put your clothes on the bed.
Wipe the bath tub dry and put your things there. Hotel bed bugs won't try to breed on bath tub crevices since people don't usually stay there.
- Check your items one by one before you pack them. Check for any moving, appleseeds sized hotel bed bugs. They are visible from the naked eye.
9:00 AM bed bugs new york city hotels, hotel bed bugs, hotel pennsylvania bed bugs, san francisco hotels bed bugs Edit